Improvements in labelling, a consumers need
According to the Survey on Buying and Consumption Habits 2021, consumers see a need for an improvement in labeling in consumer products.
On December 1, 2021, the Participation board of Consumer Associations presented the results of the ‘Survey on Buying and Consumption Habits 2021’
- The results of the survey are based on the opinion of 3,500 families from all over Spain during the first half of 2021.
- The results conclude that the Spanish consumer wants to be sustainable but not at the expense of budget and that quality is one of the most important factors when choosing a product and an establishment.
- Functional foods are used more to supplement the diet.
- An improvement in labelling is needed.
- The consumer knows the difference between the expiry date and the best before date, but 59% of respondents confess to consuming products once the expiry date has passed.
- Increased confidence in online commerce although it is not yet consolidated.
- Six out of ten respondents do not feel vulnerable to exercising their rights as a consumer on an equal basis.
- The consumer gives greater importance to quality over proximity and price.
Likewise, the results also conclude a real increase in concern and fierce attitude against food waste.
In short, we can highlight the importance consumers give to the quality of the products they buy as well as the need for good labeling.
Our ERP program iTunaFish 2021 for the Fisheries and Frozen Sector integrates in its traceability module, all the functionalities to produce labels with the product traceability from the capture to the moment of sale.
If you want to request a demo to see all the advantages that our Management Software can offer you, enter and subscribe to our free blog .
Other links you may be interested in:
Source and image: info mercadona